Good Morning Insider,
As always I am focused on delivering the very best information to you so I arranged for one of my good friends, Youtube Consultant and award winning content creator, Tracy Timberlake to collaborate with me on an awesome strategy session on how to build a successful indie music youtube channel.
I started working with Tracy almost 10 years ago and now she's an internationally award winning Youtube content creator who now advises women on how to build their business on youtube.
We are always strategizing over cocktails about the future of video and live streaming so this time I thought I would arrange a special strategy session that you could benefit from.
In today's Insider we discuss how Indie Artists should be using Youtube to build their music brands and connect with an audience.
Listen to the video for more micro details not included in the transcripts below. : https://www.facebook.com/musicmarketinginsider/videos/1405234616176753/
Difference between Youtube and Facebook:
- It takes time to build either one, so be patient and stick with it.
- Your Youtube content will always be available and organic searchable, facebook doesn't have a way for people to search your videos unless you create a hashtag and market that.
- The life span of your posts on facebook is much shorter than Youtube. People will be able to discover your youtube videos for years to come and it's better to have an inventory for each new person to view.
- Facebook wants you to pay for adds for people to see your videos, Youtube pays you for your video content.
- Facebook isn't streaming in HD yet, Youtube has much better definition with 4k video supported
- Facebook is a better profile for Live streaming where Youtube can be used to get your name and content into worldwide seach.
- Youtube has an amazing search and is supported by Google search